Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 105: List of things to do

1) Finish Vi Hart's origami proof of the Pythagorean Theorem. I understand how she gets the hypotenuse squared, but I haven't really figured out where she gets the sum of the squares of the legs from that video. I'd like to do it with my students tomorrow.


2) Take a gander at a rough draft of my speech on sarcasm that I've already given once at Toastmasters but would like to give again. Toastmasters is a cool place to practice public speaking (which it turns out I'm bad at) and sarcasm is an issue that we secondary school teachers very much have to deal with. I reminisce in my speech about how I was initiated into sarcasm in the sixth grade--at the onset of my secondary school experience as a student.


3) Grade last week's quizzes.


4) Grade and put away the multiplication drills I just gave my Algebra 1A class that I'm having such trouble with.


5) Continue to read Survivor Algebra which I'm trying to implement with that same Algebra 1A class.


6) Investigate chutes and ladder binomial multiplication game which was recommended to me by a parent but she sent it to me on my work e-mail which isn't working right now.


...


In other news, today went slightly better with Period 6 ... best choice I made was to go for a run during Period 5, as I felt my energy flagging. Now I'm having the same sensation at 7:35 p.m. Question to those of you who have kids at home in addition to all this: how the f@#k do you do that? I am exhausted and am going to bed in a half an hour. Night night!


1 comment:

  1. I strongly suggest that you DON'T figure out what she did.

    Work it out with the kids and let them see how you do it with them.

    ReplyDelete